This call aims to select 30 new artists and 6 new curators working with photography who will participate in the PARALLEL Platform 3rd Cycle, occurring between September 2019 and November 2020.
Those selected will be taking part in an innovative creative process, from the very beginning to the moment of the exhibition, together with 36 other new curators and artists. The jurors are looking for new curators who satisfy the following criteria:
- show significant artistic potential;
- have an artistic engaged with contemporary discourse;
- haven’t yet attained international recognition;
- (ARTISTS) have had NO MORE than 3 individual exhibitions in a museum/ gallery/ festival;
- (ARTISTS) have had NO MORE than 6 collective exhibitions in a museum/ gallery/ festival;
- (CURATORS) have curated NO MORE than 3 exhibitions in a museum/ gallery/ festival.
The call is open internationally to new artists and new curators of all ages working with photography. The selection will take into account gender balance and overall diversity. There’s no compulsory theme, all work is appreciated.
PARALLEL working language is English; therefore all applicants must understand, speak, read and write in English.
Entrance Fee: 20€
All details and submission here.