The Orpheus Institute proudly introduces the first Orpheus Research Summit: advanced professional development for artistic researchers in music, a brand new event for established artist-researchers. From 26 – 30 November 2018 at the Orpheus Institute, Ghent.
If you want to immerse yourself in an intensive week of artistic research and fully recharge, then don’t hesitate: apply before 7 April 2018 and secure your place! The number of participants will be restricted to 15.
Who are you?
- You have a PhD or equivalent in the area of your musical artistic practice.
- You actively pursue your own practice in artistic research and are ready to share your project at the summit.
- You may or may not have an institutional responsibility for such areas.
What does the Orpheus Research Summit include?
- Hands-on technical workshops in parallel and repeated sessions (e.g. web design, audio papers, digital publishing and bringing work to the stage)
- Guest speakers on current topics and ideas in artistic research in music
- Research leadership workshops with expert trainers
- Presentations by participants
- In-depth feedback and discussion in small groups with expert practitioners
- Presentations and discussions with senior researchers at the Orpheus Institute
- Opportunities for networking and sharing ideas with an international community
- Cultural, gastronomic and architectural wonders of Ghent!
- Place: Orpheus Institute, Ghent (Belgium)
- Dates: w/c 26 November 2018
- Start: 13.00 Monday, 26 November 2018
- End: 15.00 Friday, 30 November 2018
- Estimated cost: this Research Summit is offered at cost price, with facilities offered by the Orpheus Institute.
- Lectures, workshops by invited experts, feedback sessions and panel discussions: approx. € 950
- 4/5 nights in central Ghent hotel: approx. € 600
- Use of facilities, 5 lunches, 2 dinners, coffee & tea breaks and excursions: approx. € 300
- Not included: travel to and from Ghent, 2 dinners.
Application deadline: 7 April 2018