Would you like to make your own contribution to an attractive study, research and work environment? Here at Stockholm University of the Arts, you will be an important part of this critical and inclusive environment. Together we will create dynamic meeting places for independent artists, researchers and educators to pursue a dialogue with the society in which we live and work. We value a diversity of participation and perspectives, and we therefore strive to achieve a broad recruitment of staff and students.
We are looking for someone with the desire to conduct research and provide teaching and supervision. As a professor, you are a leader in your artistic area, the quality of activities is at the highest international level and you have a deep and broad-based knowledge of your artistic area.
Professor in Performing Arts or Opera for the Profile Area Bodily and Vocal Practices
Read the application text for the position of Professor in Performing Arts or Opera for the Profile Area Bodily and Vocal Practices (reference number 2019/732/2.2.1)
Professor in Performing Arts or Opera for the Profile Area Concept and Composition
Read the application text for the position of Professor in Performing Arts or Opera for the Profile Area Concept and Composition (reference number 2019/523/2.2.1)
• Developing the profile area as an active, interdisciplinary platform within the artistic research environment at Stockholm University of the Arts.
• Developing and contributing to national and international collaboration and networks that strengthen the artistic research environment at Stockholm University of the Arts.
• Teaching and supervising at second and third cycle level within your artistic area.
• Work on reinforcing the connection between research and education at Stockholm University of the Arts.
• Initiating, developing and running artistic research projects internally and externally, at national and international level.
• Actively participating and representing Stockholm University of the Arts in national and international artistic research communities.
You will have an important role in the work of building a common culture of openness and collaboration within Stockholm University of the Arts, as well as in the creation of a good work environment. The position includes time for artistic research as agreed.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated both artistic and teaching expertise.
Learn more about entry requirements for artistic and teaching expertise on our website uniarts.se.
Detailed information regarding qualifications and assessment criteria for teaching appointments is stated in Chapter 4 Sections 3 and 4 of the Swedish Higher Education Ordinance.
A prerequisite for fulfilling the duties of the position is that you have an active artistic practice. In addition, you have those personal abilities required to competently fulfil the appointment and to be able to represent the university in a manner beneficial to the organisation.
The following criteria will be assessed, in this order of priority:
• Artistic skills – excellence within your artistic field, demonstrated by active artistic practice. The quality of your activities is to be at the highest international level.
• Teaching skills – proven teaching skills in an artistic context within or outside a university context.
• Experience in initiating, developing and leading artistic research projects.
• Experience of interdisciplinary research.
• Experience of developing international collaboration and outcomes in your artistic area.
• Wide experience in a variety of teaching and examination forms; the ability to develop, lead and implement education at second and third cycle level.
• Experience of teaching in English.
You have undergone teaching in higher education training (or expect to do so within the next three years) or in some other documented manner acquired equivalent knowledge.
The scope of employment is a full-time position and it is a fixed period of five years, after which the period of the employment must be renewed. However, the total period of the employment may not exceed more than ten years.
Employment to commence at the earliest date September 2020.
Please submit your application no later than 15 November 2019
Both positions are located in the Research Department at Stockholm University of the Arts, Stockholm, close to the city centre.
Applications should be submitted in English as they may be reviewed by international experts. You can register your application and upload documentation in our recruitment system. Please ensure that all documents are marked with the reference number.
Cecilia Roos, Vice-Rector of Research, Professor of Artistic Practices
Telephone number: +46 8 49 400 863
Stockholm University of the Arts
Stockholm University of the Arts (Uniarts) conducts education and research in the fields of circus, dance, film, media, opera and performing arts. With our unique combination of education and artistic research, we want to create new opportunities for tomorrow’s societal and knowledge development. Our artistic research environment offers unique opportunities for in-depth studies, as well as for creating interdisciplinary artistic projects.
SARA: Society for Artistic Research Announcement service
Interested in using our announcement service ? Go here