“... What insights may emerge by doing something again and again, repeatedly, over a long period? We invite expositions of artistic research where “doing it again” is of importance, and we invite contributors to expose the artistic research questions, contexts, practices and outcomes in which repetition manifests itself, reflecting upon how “doing it again” may contribute to practice, to research, insights and to knowledge production. ...”
How to submit an exposition
To apply for the open call: create, design and submit an exposition (in draft) using the Research Catalogue (RC). You need to register a full account in RC. On the RC, click “create exposition” and use the help offered in RC-guides, tutorials and RC-support. Submit your exposition to the VIS Portal Page in RC (in the menu, choose “Submit for publication” and then choose the portal “VIS – Nordic Journal for Artistic Research”, confirm by “Submit”).
Checklist for submissions
• The exposition-draft must include the author’s full name, a title and an abstract. Where the exposition uses a language other than English, an English translation of the abstract is required.
• The exposition-draft should outline the artistic research, how the artistic research will be exposed and how the exposition will make use of the Research Catalogue as a publishing platform. It is recommended that the exposition-draft is developed beyond a text-only abstract to give examples of how and what media will be incorporated.
• Submissions may be made in Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and English.
• Your exposition should not have been published previously. If only certain parts of the exposition have been published, this is acceptable. Please describe in the submission how and when a partial previous publication has taken place.
• Copyright issues: be sure that you have taken care of any ownership/rights issues pertaining to any material that you add to your exposition.
We also strongly recommend you to consider the following:
• Use Chicago style for references
• Be sure that the links are working; external links should be opened in a new window
• Typography – use only common fonts that work in different browsers. (We suggest Arial, Helvetica, Times, Courier, Verdana, Georgia)
• Test the exposition in different browsers
• Hide scrolling bars (if possible)
• Don’t insert images within text-boxes (to avoid overlapping in different browsers and version)
Contact us for more info: email@example.com
Get the latest news about our calls and releases! Subscribe here
VIS – Nordic Journal for Artistic Research is a digital journal about Artistic Research in the Nordic region. The journal is the result of a cooperation between Stockholm University of the Arts and Norwegian Artistic Research Programme. The purpose of the journal is to serve as a basic source of knowledge for anyone who wants to learn and immerse themselves in artistic research in the Nordic region.
SARA: Society for Artistic Research Announcement service
Interested in using our announcement service ? Go here