Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto University has six schools with nearly 20 000 students and more than 400 professors. Our campuses are located in Espoo and Helsinki, Finland.
School of Arts, Design and Architecture is one of the most prestigious international universities of art, de-sign and architecture in the world. The school is a significant player in its impact on social life. Our cam-puses are located in Espoo and Helsinki, Finland. The School of ARTS will move to rapidly modernizing campus in Otaniemi Espoo during summer/autumn 2018. The Otaniemi campus will be a collaborative hub, supporting flexible and collaborative ways of working.
Department of Art is looking for LECTURER in the field of University-Wide Art Studies
for a 4-year-period, beginning in January 1st 2019, or appropriate.
Main duties and responsibilities
The purpose of the university lecturer is to develop, coordinate, and conduct teaching and research in the area of University-wide Art Studies for all of Aalto University.
University-wide Art Studies (UWAS) is an initiative, which develops arts-based courses for all students of the university, to expand their perspectives and skillsets. The aim is to offer arts-based transdisciplinary education with a strong art and creative practice underpinning, and to develop the necessary practices and structures for their deployment.
The duties of the university lecturer include:
• Participation in coordinating and developing the practices and structures of UWAS under the lead-ership of the professor in charge of University-Wide Art Studies.
• Participating in teaching UWAS courses
• Preparing research, and developing, implementing, and leading events and projects under the leadership of the professor in charge of University-Wide Art Studies
• Participation in the development and administration work of UWAS
The university lecturer will work with the professor in charge of UWAS, to plan, develop, and coordinate the activities, and to research themes, issues, and areas related to art, creativity, pedagogy, and theory within the multidisciplinary university context. It is expected that the university lecturer plan and develop new courses, projects and events. The university lecturer will also be expected to pursue their own line of research and publications in related areas.
A successful candidate should have
• Earned Doctorate in an appropriate field
• Knowledge of contemporary art education theory and practices
• Previous experience in developing and/or teaching broad university wide courses in art and crea-tive practices, or similar context
• Skills in coordinating, research and leadership
• Excellent skills in English language
To apply for the position, please submit your application in English containing
1. Motivation letter including a statement of past, current, and future artistic practice and/or research related to arts-based transdisciplinary studies
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. List of publications (with the most significant publications highlighted) and/or artistic portfolio
4. Teaching portfolio
5. Names and contact information for three references
How to fill the teaching portfolio, see following link: http://www.aalto.fi/en/midcom-serveattachmentguid-1e83efe993ce8423efe11e8a609b5bdeb10f88ff88f/teachingcompetence_guidelines_for_candi-date_v7_fi.pdf
Please submit your application through the Aalto University eRecruitment system no later than, August 15, 2018 (Finnish time UTC +3 during daylight saving time). The link to the eRecruitment system (‘Apply for this job’) can be found at the bottom of the page.
Salary and place of work
The salary is determined based on experience and qualifications according to the salary system of Aalto University. The position is located in Helsinki metropolitan area.
For additional information, please contact Professor Kevin Tavin, firstname.lastname (at) aalto.fi, or in re-cruitment process related questions HR-coordinator Elina Helminen (on vacation 27.6.-6.8.2018), firstname.lastname (at) aalto.fi
Aalto University reserves the right for justified reasons to leave the position open, to extend the application period and to consider candidates who have not submitted applications during the application period.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB HERE: http://www.aalto.fi/en/about/careers/jobs/view/1904/
Interested in using our announcement service ? Go here.