1. Write about your relationship to a library.
2. Continue the text. You can write your own text or make a compilation of existing texts by using fiction and non-fiction or autobiographical material.
"Imagine a room.
Imagine a space full of shelves.
Imagine a library.
Look around you.
All of the shelves are empty. A roll of tape, a pair of scissors, and a couple of cardboard boxes lay forgotten on the counter. Under it, there are more boxes and a bag of garbage. Someone has clearly swept the floor; otherwise the place is deserted and dark."
3. Write about the library of the future.
THE SPACE EXERCISES:
1. Explore the space where you are now. Look at it, touch materials, smell it. Listen. Focus on its materiality. Write about your observations or discuss with someone.
2. Explore the space where you are now. Focus on little details, unseen, not-so-obvious, invisble. Write about it or share with others.