1. How to import audio into the RC ?
Audio is imported using the Audio Tool.
Please keep in mind that you stay within fair use, when importing copyrighted materials.
2. Importing audio from a CD.
On Windows, you can use Windows Media Player, see this tutorial.
On OS X, you can drag CD audio tracks directly from the finder into any other folder on your computer.
3. Editing an audio fragment
For editing audio files, I recommend using the program Audacity, which is available for OS X, Windows & Linux. It is free and well documented. To export a snippet:
1. Open the soundfile in audacity (file->open)
2. Select the section you want to use with your mouse.
3. Use the menu File->Export Selected Audio to export the section (just use the default settings, RC accepts WAV file format).