Seminars, fieldwork, publications and exhibitions
1) 2019. 27th of March: Start-up seminar. KMD. “The way of the shovel – Contemporary Arts alignment with archaeology”. Keynote speaker: Professor and curator Dieter Roelstraete, Chicago. With Geir Harald Samuelsen, Ingrid Book, Carina Heden and Marius Engh.
2) 2019. Spring semester: Artistic Practices and Archaeological Research: book edited by Dragos Gheorghiu. Contributions by Gheorghiu and Samuelsen
3) 2019. Spring semester: Research trip to Fontainebleau. Samuelsen together with Boris Valentin and his group from Sorbonne and GERSAR.
4) 2019. 1st of October: New semester. Three-year project start-up.
5) 2019. Autumn semester: Paper presentation at EAA seminar in Bern, Switzerland by Gheorghiu and Samuelsen
6) 2019. Autumn semester: Individual artistic and academic studio work; Developing research webpage and Research Catalogue. Regular meetings within the core group. Expanding the surrounding group.
7) December 2019: Field trip to Fontainebleau. Samuelsen, O`Kane, Sørensen and Bøthun
8) 2020. February: Corona pandemic lockdown
8,5) 2020. September: Participation in the EAA (European Archaeological Association) annual meeting with the virtual exhibition: Body, Memory and Repetition.
9) 2020. October: HK-dir (previously DIKU) seminar project presentation
10) 2020. Spring semester: Guided field trip to Fontainebleau. Cancelled.
11) 2020. Autumn semester: Individual artistic and academic studio work and writing. Consolidatingthe groups and planning progress and continuous developing new ways of sharing knowledge between the fields. KMD.
12) 2020. Autumn semester: First interaction workshop between archaeologists and artists.
In the field. Common artistic project (Dialogue in matter). Cancelled.
13) 2020. Autumn semester: Early project process exhibition and presentation of project at Gallery Rom 61; KMD. Core group, project participants. Cancelled
14) 2020. October: PHD candidate Maarten Vanden Eynde starting his research project at KMD in Bergen.
15) 2021: Spring seminar 2. Cancelled.
16) 2021. Spring semester: KMD. BA, MA project workshop led by Eamon O´Kane, Åsil Bøthun and Geir Harald Samuelsen and possible representatives from archeological field. Cancelled.
17) 2021. Spring: Guided field trip to Fontainebleau. Cancelled.
18) 2021. 27th of September: Dig it up and put it in a Bag. Exhibition opening at Bergen University Museum with speech by Rector Margareth Hagen.
19) 2021. 25th of September: Open seminar at The University Aula hosted by UiB Innsikt. Participants: Geir Harald Samuelsen, Elin Tanding Sørensen, Torill Christine Lindstrøm and Elin Sørensen. Moderator: Frans Jacobi.
20) 2021. 27th of September: Open one day seminar in Tårnsalen with Samuelsen, Lindstrøm, Sørensen, O`Kane and Larissa Mendoza from SapienCE.
21) 2021. 27th of September: Phase two of the exhibition presenting new installation by Sørensen and screening of the Video Perlemoen in Deep Water room at the museum.
22) 2021. 27th of September: Book launch: The Palimpsest. An extended exhibition platform with 11 contributions from artists and archaeologists from the project and especially invited writers and scientists. Design: Sørensen and Magnus Nyquist. Responsible editor: Samuelsen.
23) 2021. Autumn semester: Individual artistic and academic studio work. Writing and dissemination of papers. Research blog. Developing research webpage. Regular meeting within the core leader group. Dragos Gheorghiu publishing paper about the MGS project in book released by Springer Publishing (US)
24) 2021. December: Expanding the group with new participants from South Africa and France.
25) From November 2021 ongoing into 2022. Distributing the book. Individual research and artistic work. External collaboration with Abalone researchers from Normandie. Continuing to develop side-project: “PyroLab”.
26) March 2022. Field work in Fontainebleau. Three days excursions to different sites in the forest. Organized by Professor Boris Valentin and Professor Medard Thiry
27) 2022. October: HK-dir (tidligere DIKU) seminar. Presentation.