- notator: Emma Cocker
- date + time: 5 October 2021: 11.15
- space: Main Hall, Alte Postsparkasse, Vienna
- (photographic) snapshot: pls attach file
- short description of the space and/or atmosphere:
The hall is open and spacious, and empty of people until we – the notators – enter the space to begin the practice. Though the space is open - there is a quality of slightly oppressive quiet containment that feels almost like being in a cathedral, but an industrial cathedral dedicated to the machinic not human processes.
- agency: sound
- practice of notation: (1) Video as sound recording + (2) writing:diagramming
- artefact(s) of notation: Video extracts + diagrams + notes
- notes: (1) The central practice used video recording as a way of notating moments when the agency of sound influenced the atmosphere. I pressed record at the moment when the influencing agency of sound was felt and stopped recording when it ceased. (2) The diagramming/notemaking focused on the different registers of sound within the environment and how/whether they registered influence (and/or were influenced).