Reflection protocol (1)
- reflector: Emma Cocker
- notation(s) of reference: Video (as sound recording); diagrams and notes by Emma Cocker
- date + time: 6 October 2021, 11.30 – 12.30
- space: Main Hall, Alte Postsparkasse, Vienna
- short description of the space and/or atmosphere in which the reflection takes place
I am reflecting in the same space that the notation was generated, the Main Hall, Alte Postsparkasse, Vienna. I am now located in a space to the edge of the space, sitting at a desk. The doors of the space are open and there is movement of people in the space to and from neighbouring rooms.
- agency: Sound
- practice of reflection: Verbally thinking aloud (recorded) which is later transcribed.
- artifact(s) of reflection: Sound recordings + videos of live transcription + transcripts
- notes: For this practice, of “verbally thinking aloud” I was exploring whether/how the activity of thinking-in-action that I have been interested in within a specific field of practice that I call ‘conversation-as-material’ could be adapted as a solo practice (without the with-nessing of a conversational partner).