Landscape with figures II
The ensemble setup works like a map for the antiphonal fragments. Through Antiphonal duos, each singer is accompanied by a nearby musician. 5 duos have fixed roles:
- Static, frozen blocks with the very high soprano Stine Motland and celesta.
- Overtone or nasal singing with almglocken.
- Quartertone melodies in a narrow range. Liv Runesdatter's background from folk music give the material a context, through vocal colour, intonation and ornaments. The microtonal organ is some times sustained through the irregular circular attack cycles of the groups. The 'Expansion of Grains tuning' contain intervals of overtone ratios where every octave is a new world to explore. These variable intervals can well coexist with a folk music vocal expression, while exactly doubling pitches from the organ proved less realistic.
- Noisy multiphonic or subharmonic voice sounds are accompanied by noises of a tam-tam.
- Quartertone melodies in large range are accompanied by harp arpeggios. Eva Bjerga Haugen's jazz background give entrances a transparent colour.
CQ Antiphonal duos 2
 Ruben Sverre Gjertsen, 2013, 3 Manual Microtonal Organ, p. 15.