Artistic Intentions : Statement of aspirations and intentions in my practice & deliveries
• As a sonic scenographer, I intend to play with and challenge the listener & spectator association with everyday familiarity and the memory of "right now".
• I intend to deliver scenarios which are built upon everyday life, with also unexpected sounds: familiar and non-familiar.
• I pull inspiration for these compositional scenarios directly from my everyday surroundings - in buildings, cities, nature and combinations of all of these.
• Through building synthetic sounds as well as location-based and material-based sounds (field and foley), I can stylise and critically analyse my work in immediacy, through performativity and engaging with spectator feedback.
• My compositions are a play between passive and non-passive (active) commentary on the everyday - in taking bravery to face the "now", unexpected instances arise. It is a witty criticism of the world around us - sonic witticism!
• The accumulated scenographic foley is ever-expanding, as I gain a fluency in the language of expression of and connection with the world around us. Mediums include various forms of audio recording - foley, found, location/field - traditional/conventional musical integration (mostly digital), photo, video, written logs, and drawings.
• Verbal language - particularly the phonetics of verbal language - play an important part in the performativity and human-integration of my compositions.