The rules for the first experiment were:
1. I would describe a character from my past to Omar and he would have to draw it.
2. I would verbalize to him a description of the physical appearance of my character as well as anecdotes and experiences from his/her life.
3. The technique and format of the drawing would be chosen by Omar.
4. I would never reveal the identity of the character.
5. The time it took for the drawing to be made should equal the duration of the narration.
6. It would all be documented on video.
7. We would guide the process through an open dialogue: Omar could ask for more information or for more descriptions. He could ask any question he wanted about this character. In a similar manner, I could deepen explanations on any feature or story as I found appropriate.