· Abbs, P. (2003). Against the Flow: Education, the arts and postmodern culture. UK: RoutledgeFalmer.
Abbs, P. (1989). A is for Aesthetic. London: Falmer.
· Addison, N. and Burgess, L. (2000). Learning to Teach Art and Design in the Secondary School. London: Routledge.
· Atkinson, D. (2011). Art, Equality and Learning: Pedagogies Against the State. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers.
· Atkinson, D. and Dash, P. (2005). Social and Critical Practices in Art Education. USA: Trentham Books.
· Atkinson, D. (2007). Assessment in educational practice: Forming pedagogized identities in the art curriculum, in: Rayment, T. (eds.) The Problem of Assessment in Art and Design. UK: Intellect.
· Barthes, R (1977). The Death of the Author, in: Image, Music, Text. UK: Harper Collins.
· Boughton, D., Eisner, E. and Lighvoet. J. (1996). Evaluating and Assessing the Visual Arts in Education; International Perspectives. New York: Teachers College.
· Campbell, L. (2004). Art, Spirituality and Teaching, in: Speck, B. and Hoppe, S. (eds.) Searching for Spirituality in Higher Education. USA: Peter Lang.
· Campbell, L. (2006). Spirituality and Holistic Art Education. Visual Arts Research: Vol. 32, No. 1(62), pp. 29-34. University of Illinois Press. Available at: http://www.jstor.org/stable/20715398. [accessed on 20 November 2013].
· Campbell, L. (2005). Spiritual Reflective Practice in Preservice Art Education. Studies in Art Education: Vol. 47, No. 1, pp. 51-69. National Art Education Association. Available at: http://www.jstor.org/stable/25475772. [accessed on 25 November 2013].
· Campbell, L. (2003). The Spiritual Lives of Artist/Teachers. Paper delivered at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association. ERIC. [accessed on 16 December 2013].
Carr, W. and Kemmis, S. (2004). Becoming Critical: Education, Knowledge and Action Research. UK: RoutledgeFalmer.
· Chang, H. and Boyd, D. (2011). Spirituality in Higher Education: Autoethnographies. USA: Left Coast Press.
· Daichendt, G. (2010). Artist-Teacher: A Philosophy for Creating and Teaching. USA: Intellect.
· Danvers, J. (2006). The Knowing Body: Art as an Integrative System of Knowledge, in: Hardy, T. (eds.) Art Education in a Postmodern World. UK: Intellect.
· Davey, N. (2006). Art and theoria, in: Macleod, H. and Holdridge, L. (eds.) Thinking through Art: Reflections on Art as Research. UK: Routledge.
· Efland, A. (2002). Art and Cognition: Integrating the Visual Arts in the Curriculum. New York: Teacher’s college Press.
· Efland, A. (1990). A History of Art Education. New York: Teacher’s college Press.
· Eisner, E. (2002). The Arts and the Creation of Mind. New Haven: Yale University Press.
Freedman, K. (2003). Teaching Visual Culture: curriculum, aesthetics, and the social life of art. New York: Teachers College Press.
· Hall, J. (2004). Art Education and Spirituality, in: Hickman, R. (eds.) Art Education 11-18: Meaning, Purpose and Direction. UK: Continuum.
· Hart, T. (2003). The Secret Spiritual World of Children. California: New World Library.
Harrison, A. (1997). Philosophy and the Arts. Bristol: Thoemmes Press.
· Hickman, R. (2004). Art Education 11-18: Meaning, Purpose and Direction. UK: Continuum.
· Hyde, B. (2008). Children and Spirituality: Searching for Meaning and Connectedness. UK: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
· James, V. (2001). Spirit and Art: Pictures of the Transformation of Consciousness. USA: Anthroposophic Press.
Kandinsky, W. (1977). Concerning the Spiritual in Art. Translated by Sadler, M. New York: Dover Publications.
· Koppman, D. (1999). Multiple Visions: Revisioning Aesthetics in a Pluralist America, in: Perlmutter, D. and Koppman, D. (eds.) Reclaiming the Spiritual in Art: Contemporary Cross-Cultural Perspectives. USA: SUNNY Press.
· Kress, G. (2001). “You’ve Just Got to Learn How to See”: Curriculum Subjects, Young People and Schooled Engagement with the World. Linguistics and Education 11(4): 401-415. University of London: Elsevier Inc.
· Lipsey, R. (1988). The Spiritual in Twentieth-Century Art. USA: Dover.
· London, P. (2007). Concerning the Spiritual in Art Education, in: Bresler, L. (eds.) International Handbook of Research in Arts Education. USA: Springer.
Malorny, U. (2007). Kandinsky. USA: Tachen.
· Myers, B. (1997). Young Children and Spirituality. Oxon: Routledge.
· Rollins, T. (2005). One’s joy is One’s Labour, in: Atkinson, D. and Dash, P. (eds.) Social and Critical Practices in Art Education. USA: Trentham Books.
Shaban, M. (2007). Spiritual Values Beyond the West, in: Bresler, L. (eds.) International Handbook of Research in Arts Education. USA: Springer.
· Sullivan, G. (2010). Art Practice as Research: Inquiry in Visual Arts. UK: Sage.
· Sullivan, G. (2006). Artefacts as evidence within changing contexts. Working Papers in Art and Design 4. Available at: http://sitem.herts.ac.uk/artdes_research/papers/wpades/vol4/gsfull.html. [accessed: 20th November 2013]